Saturday 5 September 2009

Get Your Home Business Online With Great Organisation

Get the Small Business Online with Job Squaring

Yahoo….It worked. In previous blogs I talked about the new E-ntrepreneur marshalling bees. ‘It is therefore’, I stated somewhat pompously, ‘vital, when managing a business start up, to be organised, systematic and methodical’.

My trouble is, like a lot of you, I’m not.  Organised, systematic and methodical I mean. Not by nature anyway. So I have to be careful to make a habit of the things I think are useful when it comes to the planning to set up my internet business. But seriously, I think I have come up with a useful tip in terms of job squaring.

How Job Squaring Works

The trick is to ask yourself what you can do once but use at least twice. One of my ideas was to use the goals or action points my business plan to write my blog. This would have three outcomes.  
  1. Hopefully the headings are nice Search-Engine friendly, or Spider Sticky sentences. If that means nothing to you just now, don’t worry, we will sort it all out over the coming months. 
  2. The headings would give me good subjects to blog about – always a great bonus. And finally….
  3. Blogging about the headings would make me think about them in more detail and get me thoroughly prepared to do the follow-up work!
 My Plan to Blog and Blog to Plan Worked!
Well it’s working. Last time I blogged about the fact that I need a course outline and tutor’s notes, a learner’s workbook and a PowerPoint presentation amongst other things.

At My Age the Memory is Fickle

This is a huge amount of work and it is hard to know where to start and where I am. If you are anything like me you will find your memory slipping out to play every time you call on it, which is quite depressing.

But this is where my job-squaring is working. Writing my blog is really helping to keep things in order! As I discussed designing creative training in a previous blog it got my brain into gear, dredging up everything I knew about the subject.

Right after finishing my blog I put fingers to key-board and galloped through an outline for my training seminar. I then used this to create an outline for the downloadable training programme that will go on my site (most of it will be the same of course), and I have begun to create the outline of the PowerPoint presentation. Not bad eh?

 Ever onwards and upwards – squared of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment